“Where are you looking for God- when he is in front of
you in every living being, in many different forms? Those
who serve mankind (and any other living being) are serving
God” -- Swami Vivekananda.
Inspired by this thought of Swami Vivekananda, a group of people who share common values and ideals formed UPASA (United Pravaasa Aatmeeyula Society of America) - a nonprofit organization dedicated to identifying, addressing and fulfilling social, cultural and educational needs of Telugu communities. UPASA offers medical, financial and educational assistance to the deserving Telugu speaking people to reach their potential.
The mission is to perpetuate, integrate and assimilate the cultural heritage of the Telugu speaking people.
As a social organization, UPASA is committed to offer services and supports to the needy students. Our health and educational extension programs target the poor. UPASA’s relentless pursuit is to connect and engage people in the community development programs.
● Create new growth opportunities for Telugu people by
offering educational, financial and medical services and
spiritual support through our rural and urban development
● Engage in community building
● Help and uplift needy people
● Organize and promote Telugu literary and educational events
● Generate and raise funds to help disaster-affected Telugus in India and US either independently or in collaboration with other non-profit organizations
● Support, cooperate and work jointly with local non-profit organizations
What We Do
Our goal is to perpetuate, integrate and assimilate the cultural heritage of the Telugu speaking people into the mainstream of North America by upholding the following fundamental values